Top News

MagicBricks survey finds people aspire for 2-bedroom house in Rs 5-10 lakh range

An online survey conducted by Times Business Solutions’ real estate portal MagicBricks.com reveals that more than 50 per cent of internet users in Indian are looking for a 2-bedroom house to call their home, and find the Rs 5-10 lakh bracket affordable.

An online survey conducted by Times Business Solutions’ real estate portal MagicBricks.com reveals that more than 50 per cent of internet users in Indian are looking for a 2-bedroom house to call their home, and find the Rs 5-10 lakh bracket affordable.

According to MagicBricks.com, the online survey received over 1,000 responses from Indian netizens of which about 54 per cent belonged to megacities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Kolkata while the remaining 46 per cent came from smaller cities and towns like Nasik, Ludhiana and Batala.

The survey found that the basic level of services the respondents aspired to included water and power back-up, and scored significantly over premium lifestyle features, such as clubs and swimming pools that most big developers offer.

R Sundar, president, Times Business Solutions, has said, “At a time when the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation has commissioned the Reserve Bank of India team to conduct its own study on what constitutes affordable housing, these findings are extremely significant — a 2-bedroom home within Rs 5-10 lakh is the aspiration of the average Indian, who dreams of his own roof over his head.”

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close