Top News

Hippy.in enables customers to get their faces painted into a Bollywood film poster

by Satrajit Sen

Indian Hippy (Hippy.in) is an ecommerce portal that enables customers to get their faces painted into a customised Bollywood film poster. The website also offers a range of products such as hand bag, purse, belt, foldable chair and coffee-table hand-painted by Bollywood film poster and billboard artists. According to Indian Hippy, the company has about a dozen of artists in Mumbai and Delhi on a freelance basis to get the customised posters done.

by Satrajit Sen

Indian Hippy (Hippy.in) is an ecommerce portal that enables customers to get their faces painted into a customised Bollywood film poster. The website also offers a range of products such as hand bag, purse, belt, foldable chair and coffee-table hand-painted by Bollywood film poster and billboard artists. According to Indian Hippy, the company has about a dozen of artists in Mumbai and Delhi on a freelance basis to get the customised posters done.

“The beauty of film poster art should not be limited to an elite few who can afford to pay the huge prices that art houses and collectors command. We wanted to present this art once again in front of people, albeit on a fresh canvas and at a fair price. Hence the website was started,” Hinesh Jethwani, founder and head, Hippy.in, has told AlooTechie.

According to Hinesh Jethwani, the customised Bollywood film posters are the highest selling products on Hippy.in. “We are seeing significant interest from people who want their own faces painted into popular movie posters. Movie aficionados often place themselves into the character, and imagine themselves in the shoes of the favourite hero, heroine or even villains,” Jethwani has said.

Though Hinesh Jethwani didn’t reveal the number of transactions that have happened on Hippy.in, he did inform that 60 per cent of the buyers are coming from the major cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore while the rest 40 per cent come from Italy, the Netherlands and UK. According to Jethwani, Hippy.in is also planning to introduce new services such as painting advertisements on garage shutters and building walls.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close